01 March 2010

598

Quitting by 30 seems about right. On the arms and hands of people who walk parks at night; skin colored tattoos spell out "BE the crazy person lingering there alone in the dark". I used to take shortcuts through the woods at night fearing that some crazy motherfucker was hidding somewhere, waiting for prey. You have to be pretty insane to go wait at night in a barely used shortcut in the woods -- the odds simply don't favor it. I mean, is it not possible that the psycho in question was also fearing the presence of someone else lingering in the dark too? It was then that I would assume the role, not that I would've attacked anyone on my path but it gave me the confidence I needed to brave the dark alone. Oh juvenal naiveté. Either you victoriously cross the woods unharmed or you get horribly murdered by some psycho; "even though I'm being horribly murdered by some psycho in the woods, I was still right to be concerned". Better not to test the odds on that one, either way. He died proving a point. I have too much of an ego, I could never pull that off. I'd have to bask in the aftermath of my "right-ness". You can't do that when you're dead (so we suppose). Is there a douchebag afterlife? BRO I GOTS TOTALLY FRAKING DEAD SKATEBOARDING THROUGH A WALL OF AIDS COVERED FIRE SPIKES, I TOTALLY TOLD YOU I'D DIE LOLZ. LET'S GO FUCK A PRINGLES CAN. Extreme Gatorade. Looking super great. Hang in there. Where? There, where you're hanging. Keep on hanging where you're hanging. Fuck why can't you just help me up? Hang in there, bro. In what? In there. Why aren't there any floors there? Where the fuck do you go where you simply hang in there? Hell, obviously. Hang in there, looking super great.

2 comments:

rada said...

"Hang in there." = sardonic, like telling a hanging man to "hang in there" things might get better. Or you can just dangle helplessly while you gasp your last breath of air. It's kinda insulting, I agree.

husk said...

In french it's "Lâche pas" -- which is like, "Don't let go", it's weird. Let go of what, how and when?